Romantic Spots and Events for Valentine’s Day in Sanford FL and Orlando
Only three more weeks until Valentine’s Day and you might wonder what you could do this year to surprise your sweetheart. If you live in the Sanford FL area, here are some of the best Valentine’s Day date ideas and most romantic spots in the Sanford and Orlando area.
Yes, not the most creative, but going to the movies still ranks high among love birds. In the Sanford area you might want to choose either Amstar 12 Lake Mary or UA 10 at the Seminole Town Center. You might want to turn the date into a movie and dinner date so below follows a list of romantic restaurants in the area.
- Amstar 12 at Colonial Town Park Lake Mary or UA 10 Sanford at Seminole Town Center: How about “Valentine’s Day”, or is that too cliche (movie starts in theaters across the US on February 12th)?
- Enzian Movie Theatre: Casablanca Valentine’s Day Brunch Now this sounds like a great Valentine’s Day Movie Event. On February 14th starting at 10:30am there will be an elegant brunch buffet with mimosas and a pianist! Casablanca, one of the most romantic movies ever, starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. Of course this special event has its price: $125 per couple for a table (which includes the brunch, mimosas, entertainment and movie). For more info click the link above and make your reservations today.
Theatre & Music & Art
Another idea is taking your sweet Valentine to an art event, the theatre or to a music concert (of course, just as above, there’s always the optional romantic dinner or lunch for two to add to the date).
- Here’s an early one on February 4th, in the spirit of Valentine’s Day: 1st Thursdays at Orlando Museum of Art: Art from the Heart is a themed event having to do with love and all things of and from the heart. There will be food and drinks, dancers from the Orlando Ballet as well as Modern Belly Dancing. Admission is $10.00 and the event takes place from 6pm – 9pm.
- Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center in Sanford: The musical “The King and I” is quite a unique love story and will be performed on February 12th and 13th at 7:30pm and on February 14th at 2pm. Click here for more info or to order tickets.
- Shakespeare Theater: All’s Well That Ends Well (Opening February 12th): A classic live story by Shakespeare will be performed at the Shakespeare Theatre in Orlando. For more info click the link.
- Fools for Love – Improv Comedy: On Sunday, February 14 at 8 pm and 10 pm: Celebrate Valentine’s Day the funny way. The SAK All-Stars will surprise you with a romance-themed improv comedy of course with audience participation and great prizes. SAK Comedy Lab, 380 W. Amelia St. – 407-648-0001 Ticket range between $15 to $25.
- Leu Gardens Valentine’s Day Concert, Winter Park: On Sunday, February 14 Leu Gardens in Winter Park will close its doors for “A Night of Swing” from 6pm to 9pm. What could be more romantic than a Valentine’s Day concert in one of Orlando’s most beautiful settings, the botanical gardens. Bring your dinner picnic basket and a blanket or chairs. Ticket sales start on February 1st for around $25 Act soon because tickets are limited.
Below is a list of romantic restaurants in the area. The links in the list will mostly lead you to previous posts I had written about the places with more info and pictures.
- Two Blondes and a Shrimp: This would be my number one pick for most romantic restaurant in Sanford. Why? Because of their awesome covered courtyard where you can dine and enjoy some great seafood. The inside is very cozy too and makes a great place for a romantic dinner for two.
- Stone’s Throw Bistro: Number 2 pick in Sanford would be Stone’s Throw Bistro. great atmosphere and exquisite cuisine. Your date will love it! After dinner you can sit by the fountain on Magnolia Square or get some ice cream at Taste of Thyme right across the restaurant.
- Limoncello’s Waterfront Restaurant: Well, food wise this is not my favorite place in Sanford but there’s one unbeatable “romance factor” here: the breathtaking view of Lake Monroe!
- Vineyard Wine Company Lake Mary: An exquisite wine restaurant that offers tapas style dining. Definitely top of my list in Lake Mary.
- Silvestro’s Italian Restaurant, Lake Mary: Well, I have to admit I still haven’t been but I have heard great feedback and Silvestro’s promises to be one of the finest Italian restaurants in town.
- Fishbones, Lake Mary: This one also makes my top 3 in Lake Mary. If it’s a warm night try to sit outside on the gorgeous patio.
- Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Lake Mary: Not only for steak lovers. Great place in Lake Mary (at Colonial Town Park) to bring your date.
- Melting Pot in Longwood (All-time Classic!): This is an all-time classic. Who hasn’t ever connected romantic dining with fondue? Yes – and that’s why, despite the fact that it is a chain restaurant, The Melting Pot makes it on the Romantic Dining list.
- Winter Park: Park Avenue is defintiely one of the most romantic places in the Orlando area. You basically just have to pick a restaurant on Park Avenue to find a romantic dining spot. My personal favorites are Panullos (great authentic Italian Cuisine) and Bosphorous (fantastic Turkish and Mediterranean dining).
- Le Coq Au Vin, Orlando: This one made the official list of Orlando’s most romantic dining locations in a recent poll so I thought I mention it here. I have never been but we know from a reliable source that the cuisine really is authentic French.
- Ceviche: Great restaurant downtown Orlando. I am going to post more info about this gorgeous and delicious restaurant soon. Trust me though, the atmosphere here is great for a romantic date – you are virtually transferred to Spain.
Walk in the Park
Low budget? No problem. Sanford has two great locations for a romantic afternoon or evening stroll:
- Sanford Riverwalk: What could be more romantic than a walk along beautiful Lake Monroe? After that sit on one of the swings and simply enjoy the view…
- Centennial Park in Sanford: Another romantic spot is the Centennial Park on Park Avenue. Sit down in the pavilion and just enjoy being with your loved one. After that you can stroll through the streets of the historic Sanford and spend some time in the city’s past…
- Lake Eola Park: For those of you close to downtown Orlando, Lake Eola Park is a very romantic spot as well. Take your date on a swan pedal boat ride, a fun way to enjoy an afternoon in O-town.
- Rivership Romance: How about a Moonlight Cruise on lake Monroe in Sanford? The Rivership romance offers a special schedule for Valentine’s Day weekend. There will be two lunch cruises and one dinner and dance cruise. Tickets range from $50.00 to $60.00 per person.
- Central Florida Zoo Sanford FL Sex and the ZOO: Now this a truly unique title to a Valentine’s Day event. On Saturday, February 13th the Sanford Zoo offers two Shows (Dinner Show and Late Night Show) of pure Jungle Love!
Experience the wild side of romance! On this clearly adult-oriented (21 and older!) evening with romantic dinner you will learn about some of the fascinating and very unique ways that our animal friends manage to reproduce and keep their species going. Follow the link above for more info. Tickets are $95 per couple for the dinner show at 6:30 p.m. and $45 per couple for the late night show at 9:30 p.m. There will be music in the courtyard until 1am for everyone attending. This sounds like a fabulous cocktail party! More information also at 407.323.4450 ext 100.
- Visit the Planetarium at Seminole State College in Sanford. There will be a Valentine’s Day special on Friday, February 12th, titled “Heavenly Love – Love Stories of the Night Sky” starting at 8:30pm. For more info please contact Derek Demeter at 407.708.2409 or click here.
- FRESH! An edible performance Art Event For Your Valentine: DRIP, a performance art and dance group presents Orlando with an edible environment for 7 days. The event promises a Willy Wonka-like edible environment and culinary performance art event. Check out the official web site for more info.
- Valentine’s Balloon Flight over Orlando: How about a Champagne Balloon flight over Orlando?Orange Blossom Balloons offers one hour flights with Champagne toast for a reasonable rate.
- Picnic on the Beach: Well, and then there’s always the classic picnic by the beach (New Smyrna, Cocoa Beach, Clearwater etc.). Affordable and romantic and since we live in Central Florida let’s take advantage that we are only a short 30-45 minutes away from the closest one…
Last but not least, for those of you who hate Valentine’s Day for whatever reason: Check out the Anti Valentine’s Day Brunch at Tastings in Downtown Orlando (111 N Magnolia Avenue). Event will be on February 14th from 12pm to 4pm featuring drink specials and a DJ. More info at 407-999-9950.