Ahhh, it’s time for one of my favorite unofficial “holidays” again – St. Patrick’s Day! So if you are wondering where to find the best spots to celebrate St. Patty’s Day with your friends in the area, here is my top 5 Events list for 2010, obviously with a focus on the Sanford/Lake Mary area
St. Patrick’s Day for early starters:
March 5th: Sanford St Patty’s Day Pub Crawl: Tour downtown Sanford’s bars for the monthly Pub Crawl. Tickets are $15 and there will be a contest for the best St. Patty’s Day outfit. Click here for more info.
March 11th: Sanford Alive After Five’s It’s A Green Thing: Visit downtown Sanford Sanford for the monthly Alive After Five Street Party. From 5-9pm you will be able to enjoy music, food and drinks. If you wish to sample food, tickets are $7. This is a fun event and you will definitely see lots of green!
Top 5 Places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th:
- Liam Fitzpatrick’s Irish Pub, Colonial Town Park, Lake Mary: Liam Fitzpatrick’s has planned a huge party that will go on throughout the whole day! Starting at 11am there will be live entertainment, beer specials, and giveaways. From 6-9pm the Orlando Fire Department Pipes and Drum Band will perform. Admission is free! SO put your greenest green on and come out to celebrate (almost) like the Irish!
Liam Fitzpatrick’s, 951 Market Promenade Avenue, Lake Mary, FL 32746. Phone: (407) 936-3782
- Kate O’Brien’s Irish Pub Lake Mary (formerly located in downtown Orlando): Kate O’Briens recently re-opened its door in Lake Mary! Many of you will remember this super popular bar from its downtown Orlando times and the legendary St. Patrick’s Day block parties (we went to one and it was a blast!). I will write more about the bar at a later point but wanted to make sure I mention it here before St. Patrick’s Day. Kate O’Brien’s in Lake Mary started out as “My Way Night Club” but the owner then decided to change the concept. Too bad actually because I thought the idea had potential. But then again, I am happy to see another venue available to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in the Sanford/Lake Mary area. An Irish Pub more can’t ever harm, can it? SO what can you expect on St. Patrick’s Day at Kate O’Brien’s: Lots of good music and live entertainment from Ireland, and outdoor stage and a draft beer tap truck! The festivities start at 11am and admission is free.
Kate O’Brien’s, 120 International Parkway, Lake Mary, FL 32746. Phone: 407-340-6458
- Fiddler’s Green Winter Park: This is without a doubt one of the most famous Irish Pubs of Orlando. Naturally, Fiddlers Green will have a big St Patrick’s Day celebration with Irish music. So my tip is: be there early! We went last year and had to be in line for a long time. Nevertheless, even waiting is fun here because Fiddlers Green offers entertainment and drinks for all “outsiders ” as well.
Fiddler’s Green, 544 West Fairbanks Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789. Phone: (407) 645-2050
- St. Patrick’s Day Block Party on Wall Street Plaza in Downtown Orlando: Definitely a fun event! If you want to party on after visiting one (or more) of the Irish pubs around town then the big St Paddy’s Day block party on Wall Street Plaza in downtown Orlando might be just the right thing for you! With lots of entertainment (including a live band) and all of Wall Street Plaza’s 9 bars celebrating this party is a huge success year after year. The party starts at 4pm. Admission is usually $5-$10. Tickets can be purchased online here.
- Pat O’Brien’s at Universal City Walk in Orlando: Pat O’Briens at Universal City Walk promises to be another hot spot to celebrate St Patrick’s Day. After all, they have been practicing every 17th of the month with their monthly St. Practice Day…
Pat O’Brien’s, Universal City Walk at Universal Orlando Resort, 6000 Universal Boulevard Orlando, FL 32819. Phone: 407-224-3663
And don’t forget: Wear green on St. Patrick’s Day!
If you know of any other great events you would like to share here, please feel free to post them in the comments area and let all your friends know!Pin It